Monday, June 6, 2011

only in korea.

So there are some things here that I have never seen anywhere else--some acts of kindness, some rude and some just downright strange!

-So the kind:  that they treat their elderly with so much kindness and respect (as far as I have seen). For example: we are on a crowded subway or bus and an old woman comes on, a younger person will get up and offer them their seats. Its pretty kind, something I would never expect because for the most part they are rude.

-They are very impatient people, like I was on a crowded subway and when getting up from my subway seat to get off people just saw me motioning to get my stuff and they rushed to sit down, didn't even give me a chance to stand up that was so irritating I was like excuse me, can you give me a second to get up and they just kept pushing so I just stood my ground for a second so they couldn't sit haha. That's what they get for being impatient haha.

-Strange: 1. the other day I was walking home from the Market (downtown) and I saw a little kid walking his pet which I thought was his dog but I was wrong, he had his cat on a leash. Never in my life have I seen that one haha.
2. Okay so you know how you can buy fruit from people out of their vans or trucks especially in where we used to live in La Puente...normally it’s the best oranges or fruit. Well they have that here but as they are driving through your neighborhood they are announcing it over an intercom thing. The first time I heard it, I thought we were under attack or something no joke. I don't speak Korean, so how was I supposed to know he was saying fresh fruit haha Man, and you cannot escape those guys! I guess only in Korea.

1 comment:

  1. This is stinkin' hilarious....you know how we know everything happens for a reason...who would have thought those years in the LP would prepare (or not)for the Korean Fruit Vendors....
    remember the tamale lady bright and early on Saturday moenings...maybe you should pass this on to her ....LOL

    ....so do they speed by like the ice cream man too? and make you chase them???

    just think if you had went to Korea you woudl have missed these things....

    ,,the cat on a lease, kind of like the kids on leases....strange!!

    thanks for the laugh today
    love ya!

    ReplyDelete